Although the building will remain officially closed to the public until June 30. We will be doing a drive-thru service for families to return school items and pick up personal items on June 1, 2, and 3. Classroom teachers will not be on site during this time. Procedures are listed below to provide for a safe and efficient process.
Monday, June 1
8:00 – 11:00 a.m., Students in Grades K-2
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Students in Grades 3-5
Tuesday, June 2
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m., Students in Grades 3-5
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Students in Grades K-2
Wednesday, June 3
- 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Any students unable to pick up on Monday or Tuesday
*Families with students in multiple grade levels may pick up all items for the family at one time and do not need to make multiple trips to the building.
*Items not picked up by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, June 5 will be disposed of. Please contact the school office if you need to make alternate plans for your child's materials.
Procedure for Drive-Thru Service (similar to our car rider dismissal line!):
- Please make a sign for your window that lists your child's first and last name as well as the teacher's name.
- A staff member will radio into the building and ask for items to be brought out to your vehicle.
- Cars will proceed through the parking lot and line up along the curb. Carts or tables will be available on the driver's side of the vehicle for families to return school items listed above.
- School staff will bring your child's items to the car and hand them to someone through the passenger side window. Please stay in your vehicle.
We will do our best to keep traffic moving in an orderly fashion but will likely hold the line until all vehicles waiting along the curb have received their materials. Once all cars have received their materials we will move the entire line of cars out and begin distributing materials to the next wave of cars.
Please wear a mask if you have one available to assist with creating a safe environment for all. Our staff assisting will be wearing masks and following safety guidelines. Anyone currently ill or experiencing symptoms should not participate in this process and may contact the school office to make special arrangements. We appreciate your patience as we work to return materials in a safe and efficient manner.
Student Items Needing Returned:
- Students need to return library books as well as books that they may have borrowed from their classroom library.
- Students need to return all school issued textbooks.
- Students who borrowed Chromebooks will NOT be returning them but will be able to keep them throughout the summer. We encourage you to use them over the summer to access the many educational sites and programs available on the Launchpad. Current 5th graders will return their Chromebooks in August at the middle school.
Personal Items Being Returned from the Classroom:
- Items left in totes or coat areas will be bagged and prepared for return.
- Yearbooks have not arrived yet, but should they arrive by June 1 we will have them available for distribution. Stay tuned to our Facebook page and the Meadow's Edge PTO Facebook page for updates.
- Dance Team T-shirts and school apparel ordered through Its Tops will be distributed during this time.
All 5th grade students will have a special gift available for pick-up during this time.
Please contact your child's teacher if...
- You know that your child left an important personal item in the classroom that needs returned.
- You do NOT want school supplies (pens, pencils, erasers, markers, folders, paper, etc.) returned. School supplies that are not returned will be cleaned and stored for future use or discarded.